Rhodes Scholarship in UK 2023 is now open. Continue your studies in the UK. Good news! The Rhodes Scholarship application period is now open. The Rhodes Scholarship 2023 is a postgraduate scholarship for students wishing to study at the University of Oxford. Each year, Rhodes awards 100 scholarships to international students from around the world. Rhodes Scholars spend two or more years in the UK and are eligible to apply to most full-time postgraduate courses at Oxford University.
It is one of the oldest graduate scholarships in the world, providing a living income of £15,144 per annum as well as all university and college expenses and university application fees. Various research funds are available through the Rhodes Scholarship. The application process for this University of Oxford scholarship is online and there is no application fee. Male and female students with a strong academic record are strongly encouraged to apply. You can apply to any academic field and major at Oxford University.
The Rhodes Scholarship is considered one of the most prestigious international scholarship programs in the world. Completing a Masters or PhD degree at the University of Oxford is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The Rhodes Scholarship comes with full funding. Rhodes Scholarships support outstanding young people to pursue postgraduate studies at the University of Oxford while also encouraging lifelong learning and fellowship.
- UK is the host country.
- Scholarship Funding: 100%
- Institute: University of Oxford
- Scholarships Available: 100
- Degrees Available: Master’s and Ph.D.
Information about the University:
- The Institute of Oxford is an English collegiate research university. Oxford is consistently ranked among the top five institutions in the world and is now number one in both the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and the Forbes World University Rankings. The University of Oxford is also ranked number one in the world by subject in the QS World University Rankings.
What are the benefits of the Rhodes Scholarship in the UK in 2023?
- Rhodes Scholarship at the University of Oxford is a fully funded award that will cover all costs associated with pursuing a postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford. The following expenses will be covered by the Rhodes Scholarship:
- Two economy class flights to Oxford for the commencement of the scholarship and one economy class flight back to the student’s home country at the end of the fellowship.
- An annual stipend of £17,310 (for accommodation and living expenses)
- All university as well as college fees
- Application Fee for University
- International Health Surcharge
- Study Visa Fee (IHS)
- Scholars receive a stipend of £225 on arrival at Oxford.
What documents are required to apply?
The following resources, in various forms, will be required by all constituencies in general terms.
- Curriculum vitae/resume or summary of key achievements. (For this scholarship, please do not include any photos in your CV.)
- Personal statement or essay
- Academic record/transcript of an undergraduate degree (completed or ongoing) and any postgraduate study (including, importantly, a clear statement of what the applicant intends to study at Oxford and why)
- Ability to communicate in English
- Four letters of recommendation from evaluators who can testify in private terms to the applicant’s character and intelligence, including academic and personal, recreational, including leadership achievements.
What Are The Eligibility Criteria For Applying?
- An eligibility criterion is different for different countries.
- Aspirants from above mentioned eligible countries can apply.
- Candidates must have good academic background.
- Pakistani students must have 3.7/4.0 GPA.
- East Africa
- Southern Africa
- West Africa.
What Is the Last Date For Submission Of the Application?
Every country has a different deadline for applying for the Rhodes Scholarship. See the list of nations with deadlines above.
- You can apply online.
- You must submit your application online before the deadline, together with all supporting documentation.
- Before submitting your application, carefully read the general information, particularly the Scholarships tab on the Rhodes website, the Conditions of Tenure for the Rhodes Scholarship, the information in this document, and the University of Oxford’s graduate admissions pages.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted will be invited to a social event and a final interview. Because no modifications can be made on the date, time, or method of these activities, you must be available to attend both in person. Without an interview, no candidate will be chosen. The Rhodes Trust will pay travel expenses, which will include the cost of a round-trip First-Class rail ticket but not accommodation costs. The cost of international travel for individuals attending from other countries will not be covered.
- The outcome of each applicant’s application will be emailed to them.