Iowa State University (ISU) Assistant Professor Jobs 2023 in the USA is now open. Iowa State University (ISU) values diversity and equity in the workplace. They welcome all persons regardless of race, color, age, religion, etc and are equal-opportunity employers. With a large number of undergraduates, graduate students, faculty, and staff, ISU is a strong university focused on research and community impact.
ISU offers excellent facilities for biological research, including genetics, genomics, and microbiome studies, as well as powerful computing resources. The University encourages collaboration through interdisciplinary graduate programs.
ISU is seeking a new assistant professor to join his team, focusing on interactions between hosts (such as plants or insects) and microbes. The goal is to gain a deeper understanding of these interactions and their impact on different ecosystems from nature to agriculture. They are interested in candidates who use innovative molecular, genetic or -omics approaches in their research.
The selected candidate is expected to establish a successful research program with external funding and mentor graduate students. They must also contribute to an undergraduate microbiology program and participate in university service. The role consists of 65% research, 30% teaching and 5% service.
This position will be in the Department of Plant Pathology, Entomology, and Microbiology at Iowa State University’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. The successful candidate will have access to state-of-the-art research facilities, including laboratories, chambers, and greenhouses designed for collaborative research and teaching.
Iowa State University is committed to diversity, work-life balance, and gender equality, and supports dual-career couples. He has been recognized for these efforts, including a National Science Foundation Advance Award.
Iowa State University (ISU) Assistant Professor Jobs 2023 in USA
- Program: Job
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Field: Host-Microbe Interactions; ISU Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic
- Country: United States of America
- Institute: Iowa State University (ISU)
- Required Education: Ph.D
- Nationality: International
Required Documents for Iowa State University (ISU) 2023 Assistant Professor Jobs in USA
- curriculum vitae.
- Representative publications (maximum 3 publications as PDF files).
- A teaching statement (maximum 2 pages) detailing philosophy, experience, and future plans.
- Names and contact information for three references.
- Research statement detailing experience and future plans (maximum 3 pages).
- Cover letter describing qualifications for the position (maximum 2 pages).
Eligibility Criteria for Iowa State University (ISU) Assistant Professor Jobs 2023 in USA
- Potential for research guidance.
- PhD in microbiology, entomology, plant pathology, or related field.
- Ability to collaborate effectively.
- Willingness and capacity for department, college, and scientific community service.
- Strong publication record in recognized journals.
- Potential for innovative research into host-microbe interactions using modern molecular methods.
- Possibility of securing external research funding.
- Strong capacity for evidence-based, innovative teaching.
- Iowa State University (ISU) Assistant Professor Job Benefits in USA 2023
- Onsite childcare facilities in Ames, Iowa.
- Retirement benefits, including both defined benefit and defined contribution plans.
- Flexible spending accounts for managing healthcare costs.
- Life insurance coverage and long-term disability protection.
- Comprehensive vacation plans provide ample time off.
- Participation in a wellness program to promote health and wellness.
- Access to various voluntary benefits and exemptions.
- An employee assistance program for personal assistance.
How to Apply for Iowa State University (ISU) Assistant Professor Jobs in USA 2023
- Interested applicants must apply online.
- The link to apply online is given below.
- Applicants have to submit all required documents.
- You may contact Ryan Smith, Chair of the Search Committee, or Steven Harris, Chair of Plant Pathology, Entomology, and Microbiology with any questions at the following address:
Review of applicants will begin on October 23, 2023. To ensure consideration, please submit your application before this date. However, the position will remain open until it is filled or the search process is officially closed.