Table of Contents
The University of Tokyo is a public research university located in Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1877 as the first national university in Japan and is considered to be one of the most prestigious universities in the country. The university is also known as “Todai” in Japan.
- The fee structure for The University of Tokyo varies depending on the program and level of study. For undergraduate programs, the tuition fee is approximately ¥535,800 per year, while for graduate programs, it ranges from ¥535,800 to ¥950,000 per year.
- In addition to the tuition fee, students also need to pay for other expenses such as accommodation, textbooks, and living expenses.
- The admission process for 2023 is not yet finalized by the university. However, the application process for international students typically starts in September and ends in November, with the entrance examination held in January or February of the following year.
- To be eligible for admission, students must meet the academic requirements and pass the entrance examination.
- The University of Tokyo is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in Japan and Asia. It is currently ranked 36th in the QS World University Rankings 2022 and 13th in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022.
- The contact number for The University of Tokyo is +81 3-3812-2111. The university’s address is 7 Chome-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo City, Tokyo 113-8654, Japan.
Merit List 2023:
- The merit list for 2023 is not yet available. However, once the entrance examination results are announced, the university will publish the merit list on its official website. Students can check their names on the merit list to see if they have been selected for admission.
- The University of Tokyo is a highly prestigious institution and offers world-class education and research opportunities. While the admission process can be competitive, students who meet the academic requirements and pass the entrance examination have a chance to study at one of the top universities in Japan and the world.