Hi, are you looking for a fully funded internship in Japan? Then we are happy to announce that applications are now open for OIST Internship in Japan 2023. The internship will cover all your expenses. This is a fully funded Japanese internship program at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology. Undergraduate, and graduate degree students are eligible to apply.
There is no need to pay the application fee for OIST Internship. You don’t even need to take any English Language Test (IELTS) or any other language tests for the OIST Japan Internship Program. The duration of an OIST internship will be between 2 and 6 months, usually 10 to 12 weeks.
There are many different fields available for internships, you can apply according to your interest. This is an opportunity for international students to start their professional journey in Germany, one of the leading countries in the field of technology and they will see the door open for their future careers. We encourage you to apply for the OIST Internship Program in Japan 2023. Please read the full article below for detailed information.
Details of OIST Internship in Japan 2023
- Host Country: Japan
- Duration of Internship: 10 to 12 weeks
- Financial Benefits of Internship: Fully Funded
- Japan Internship Offer: Okinawa Graduate Institute of Science and Technology (OIST)
- Degree Level: Undergraduate (BS/Bachelors students) and Postgraduate (MS/MPhil/Masters students)
- Last Date: 15th April 2023.
Almost every year Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology offers a fully funded internship program that will cover all your expenses. This is a paid internship in Japan.
- Round-trip air travel tickets for successful candidates
- Allowance (stipend) – 2,400 JPY per day (taxable)
- Visa support
- On or off-campus housing accommodation
- Transportation support
- Local registration
OIST Internship Fields
The OIST Internship Program offers undergraduate and graduate-level degree programs in a variety of disciplines. This will give them an opportunity to gain experience and learn a specific technique. Selected applicants will work under the direction of a professor at OIST.
Here are the main fields of study available for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Neuroscience, Mathematics, Computational Science, Environmental, Environmental and Marine Sciences, Science, Engineering, and Medicine.
- Nonlinear and Non-Equilibrium Physics Unit
- Quantum systems
- Evolutionary Genomics
- Femtosecond spectroscopy
- Computational Neuroscience
- Neural Computation
- Fluid mechanics
- Biodiversity and Biological Complexity (Unit Video)
- Electronic and quantum magnetism
- Mathematics and Theoretical Physics
- Immune signaling
- Coordination Chemistry and Catalysis
- Membranology Unit
- Mathematics, mechanics, and materials
- Embodied Cognitive Science Unit
- Neural Coding and Brain Computing Unit
- Continuum Physics
- Biological systems
- Quantum Dynamics
- Optical neuroimaging
- Information Processing Biology
- Marine Biophysics
- Membrane cooperation
Here are the eligibility criteria for the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Internship.
- Applicants enrolled in undergraduate degree programs at universities, colleges, and vocational schools in Japan or abroad are eligible to apply.
- Applicants enrolled in graduate degree programs at universities, colleges, and vocational schools are eligible to apply, or recent graduates of such institutions are eligible to apply.
- Currently enrolled (enrolled) students must obtain approval from their home institution.
- If you are a recent graduate student, you are also eligible to apply.
- Students studying Bachelor’s degree 3rd and 4th year and a Master’s degree 1st and 2nd year are especially encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should have a good educational background.
- Documents required to apply for OIST
- Curriculum Vitae – (You can see the OIST SV format by checking here)
- Statement of Interest – (You can view the OIST Personal Statement Sheet by checking here)
- Letter of recommendation
- Academic Transcripts/Degrees
- Applicant’s photo ID
Application Deadline (Important)
|Application Round||Application Deadline||Result Announcement||Period of internship|
|Spring 2023 Internship||October 15th 2022, 23:59 (JST UTC+9)||Late December 2022||Between April 1st 2023- September 30th 2023|
|Fall 2023 Internship||April 15th 2023, 23:59 (JST UTC+9)||Late June 2023||Between October 1st 2023 – March 31st 2024|
How to Apply for OIST Internship in Japan 2023?
The application process for the OIST Internship Program is completely online. There is no need to submit a separate application. First, applicants need to create an account on the OIST portal and upload all the required documents as we mentioned above. Please note, you cannot save your application. To apply, please visit the official website of the OIST Japan Internship Program.