Get your education in the UK. good news! The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail this scholarship, its benefits, and the step-by-step application process.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is awarded for Master’s and Ph.D. The scholarship provides an annual stipend of £18,744, health insurance, academic development funding of up to £2,000, and a family allowance of up to £15,612.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program was established in October 2000 with a donation of US$210 million to the University of Cambridge from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the largest donation ever to a UK university.
For 2023, Gates Cambridge will award 80 full-fee scholarships to exceptional candidates from outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject accessible at the University of Cambridge. About two-thirds of these awards will be presented to PhD students, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 in the international round.
apply for the Rhodes Scholarship.
- Level of Study: Masters, Ph.D
- Institution(s): University of Cambridge
- Study in: UK
- Opportunities Focus Areas: All courses available at the University of Cambridge except the courses listed below
- Program Duration: Two years for Masters and three years for Ph.D
For US citizens: October 12, 2022
For international students: depending on your course – either 1 December 2022 or 5 January 2023 (see course directory)
- Courses not eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- Any undergraduate degree such as BA (Undergraduate) or Associate BA (Second BA)
- Doctorate of Business (Bus D)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine Degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-Degree Courses
- Scholarship coverage
- The Gates Cambridge Scholarship provides the following benefits to the recipient.
University composition fee at a reasonable rate
- Maintenance allowance for a single student (£18,744 for 12 months at the 2022-23 rate; the appropriate rate for courses of less than 12 months) – for Ph.D. scholars this award is for up to 4 years.
- One economy single airfare at the start and end of the course
- Cost of inbound visa and immigration health surcharge
- Academic Development Funding – from £500 to £2,000 to attend conferences and courses, depending on the length of your course.
- Family Allowance – up to £10,944 for one child and up to £15,612 for two or more children (2022-23 rates). No funding is provided for the partner.
- Fieldwork – you can apply to retain your usual maintenance allowance during fieldwork as part of your Ph.D. (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these are covered by university composition and should be funded by fees).
- Maternity/Paternity Funding – If you need it, you can apply to stop your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your Maintenance Allowance during this time.
- Hardship Funding – for unforeseen hardships faced by the Scholar
Eligibility Criteria for Gates Cambridge Scholarship
To qualify for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship, a candidate must meet all of the following requirements:
Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All countries of the world.
- Academic excellence.
- You should be able to make a strong case for a particular postgraduate degree at Cambridge.
- A commitment to improving the lives of others.
- Leadership ability.
- Applicants must be from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree.
- How to Apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarship?
- To apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship please follow the application instructions below:
Apply for admission in the Gates Cambridge section of the course and college place and funding section.
- Create an account on the website.
- Fill in your personal information.
- Submit these documents:
- Gates Cambridge Statement: In no more than 3000 characters (approximately 500 words) please explain why you are applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and how you meet the four main criteria.
- Research proposal (Ph.D. applicants only)
- Gates Reference: In addition to two academic references for admission, Gates Cambridge applicants submit a reference about their fit with the scholarship.
- Answer the application questions.
- Submit an application.
Leave a Reply